Covid Safety Policy
Listed below are The London Wing Chun Academy's basic Covid safety procedures. These will be updated as the Government releases more information and additional guidelines.
- We ask that if you have been in contact with someone infected by Covid-19 or have been infected yourself that you advise Dr Mark Phillips immediately.
- We ask that you DO NOT come to the academy if you display the known symptoms of the virus with the last 14 days.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARE HERE
- Students will train on specific days (and in specific groups) with the same instructor for each class. An Instructor rota may be enforced to ensure Instructors and students remain in their specific groups/bubbles. Note, in our Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes, 'Training Bubbles' can consist of 2 to 3 members for a minimum of 3 weeks.
- Students will be asked to enter through the front door and leave through the back door on the fire escape. They will not be allowed to wait within the reception area.
- The London Wing Chun Academy will check temperatures of everyone entering the gym using a non-contact infrared forehead thermometers.
- Everyone entering Academy will be required to sanitise or wash their hands immediately as they enter. We ask that you wash your hands and forearms after your class.
- Sanitation stations will be located the reception counter, shower room, and inside the training hall above the Thai Pad holder.
- The number of students in the changing areas of the Gym will be reduced to minimise congestion so we can practice social distancing. If possible, we ask that you arrived dressed for training and that you do not bring excess baggage.
- Where possible all students and instructors will be required to remain a safe distance apart in line with current social distancing guidelines. This may include the wearing of face masks.
- Class sizes maybe limited during peak times.
- There will be a thorough and continuous cleaning regime in the gym space.
- Extra time will be introduced between classes to allow us to fully clean all areas of the training hall ahead of the following class.
- All cleaning will carried out using a fully virucidal disinfectant cleaner, certified to kill enveloped viruses within 60 seconds.
- The Academy will undergo a deep clean at the end of a training day using disinfected machine.
- The LWCA team will be washing their hands before their shift, after completing cleaning tasks and frequently throughout shifts. Personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided for to staff members should they feel the need to wear them.
These guidelines will be updated in the coming weeks. In the meantime, please contact Dr Phillips directly if you have any further questions.